Brandon A. Ramo, M.D.
Medical Director of Ambulatory Care
Brandon Ramo, M.D., is a staff orthopedist and medical director of ambulatory care at Scottish Rite Hospital.
- Scoliosis & Other Spine Disorders
- Clubfoot & Other Foot Disorders
- Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip & Other Hip Disorders
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Children’s Health Dallas
- University of Georgia, B.S.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University General Surgery Residency
- Vanderbilt University Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children Dorothy and Bryant Edwards Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics
- University of Georgia, summa cum laude graduate with Highest Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children Fellowship
- Boone Pickens Annual Spine Research Award, 2011
- Clinical Awards Paper Nominee: Intramedullary Nailing Of Femur Fractures In Preschool Age Children Does Not Improve Radiographic Outcomes Vs. Immediate Spica Casting But Does Increase Intervention. POSNA Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, April 30-May 2, 2015.
- SRS Hibbs Clinical Research Awards Paper Nominee: Repeat Surgical Intervention Following Definitive Instrumentation and Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: a 25 Year Update. 50th SRS Annual Meeting & Course, Minneapolis, MN, Sept 30 – Oct 3, 2015.
- Clinical Awards Paper Nominee: Radiographic, Pulmonary and Clinical Outcomes with Halo Gravity Traction. EPOSNA Annual Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, May 2-6, 2017.
- D Magazine Best Doctors in Dallas, Pediatric Orthopaedics, 2017
- Angela S. M. Kuo Award, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Grant, 2018 Recipient for “Health Related Quality of Life Outcomes in Patients with Early Onset Scoliosis.”
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2014
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, active member
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, active member
- Scoliosis Research Society, candidate member
- Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, Fifth Edition, contributing author