Mar 29, 2017 / General News
National Doctor’s Day Is Thursday, March 30
We celebrate our wonderful and caring physicians in honor of National Doctor’s Day and every day. Below are a few facts about our incredible team:
Did You Know?
- We have 20 orthopedic surgeons and 45 total full-time staff physicians
- All physicians hold faculty appointments at UT Southwestern Medical Center and are renowned for outstanding research and teaching of medical students, residents and fellows
- Our physicians treat thousands of patients with a wide range of orthopedic conditions each year. Our surgeons focus on the treatment and management of children in these six Centers for Excellence:
- More than 269,000 patients have been treated since the hospital’s inception
- 2,610 surgeries were performed in fiscal year 2016
- Scottish Rite Hospital’s Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics is a full clinical fellowship with more than 175 graduating Fellows now practicing across the U.S. and spanning six continents.
- Our physicians wrote the book on the treatment of orthopedic conditions affecting children. Now in its fifth edition, the Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics edited by Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is the standard reference guide for orthopedic surgeons around the world.
- Sarah M. and Charles E. Seay Center for Musculoskeletal Research consists of the six Centers for Excellence supported by research divisions and core facilities. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children researchers and physicians have generated more than 25 patents and discovered genes associated with orthopedic conditions.