Brandon Carrell Visiting Professorship Register
Date/Time: April 06, 2018, 8:00 AM
We are particularly pleased to welcome former fellow Peter Newton, M.D., as our visiting professor, to share his expertise in pediatric orthopedics and spinal deformity.
Peter Newton, M.D., is chief of the division of Orthopedics & Scoliosis at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego and a clinical professor at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He primarily treats scoliosis and other spinal conditions, such as vertebral fractures.
Newton will be presenting on "Tethering Update," "Registries to Drive Quality Improvement," and "What is 3D teaching us about AIS"
In honor of the 40th anniversary, several new features of the meeting include:
- All sessions will be moderated by former fellows.
- A panel discussion of cases by former fellows.
- A POSNA-sponsored spine tutorial to occur Wednesday evening and Thursday morning prior to the meeting.
- Optional afternoon activities on Thursday.
- The Friday night dinner will be held at the exclusive Hotel Zaza.
Friday April 6th
7:45 a.m. - Registration and Breakfast
8:15 a.m. - Welcome and Announcements
10:10 a.m.- Break
Peter Newton MD
12:15 p.m.- Lunch
1:00 p.m. - The Brandon Carrell Lecture: Registries to Drive Quality Improvement:
Peter Newton, MD
2:50 p.m. - Break
5:00 p.m. - Adjourn
6:00 p.m. - Dinner/Program: Outside Venue
Saturday, April 7
7:30 a.m. - Registration and Breakfast
10:05 a.m. - Break
10:30 a.m. - The Brandon Carrell Lecture: Tethering Update
Peter Newton, MD
12:00 p.m. - Questions, Answers and Adjourn
We have a block of rooms reserved at:
- Hotel Zaza until March 7. Call 888.880.3244 and tell the reservations team they are with “Texas Scottish Rite”.
- The Warwick until March 14. Call 800-521-7172 and tell the reservations team they are with TSRH-Brandon Carrell Visiting Professorship.
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
2222 Welborn Street
Dallas, TX 75219