Heather M. Richard, Psy.D.
Director, Psychology DepartmentHeather M. Richard, Psy.D., is a pediatric psychologist who has provided psychological consultation and care to children at Scottish Rite Hospital for over 12 years. She completed her internship in Health Psychology at the VA North Texas Medical Center and her fellowship at Scottish Rite Hospital. She received her Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Clinical Psychology at Nova Southeastern University. She was in the Health Psychology Concentration and completed practica working with children in intensive care units, surgery units, schools and outpatient mental health centers. Her interests are in integrated care and consultation, preparing patients for surgery and improving outcomes after orthopedic surgery.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Associate Professor
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois, B.A. Psychology/Spanish
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Doctorate of Psychology and Master of Science
- VA North Texas Healthcare System, Dallas, Texas, Clinical Psychology
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas, Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship
- American Pain Society
- Society of Pediatric Psychology, Division 54
- Dallas Psychological Association
- Helath Psychology Division 38
- American Psychological Association