Identification of Dyslexia: The Special Education Opportunity Register
Date/Time: March 29, 2019, 8:30 AM
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is offering a seminar for assessment professionals with graduate-level training and certification in test administration and interpretation, including Educational Diagnosticians, Licensed Specialists in School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology, and Licensed Professional Counselors. The seminar will address identification through the full and individual evaluation process.
This seminar will highlight:
- Assessment data gathering that would suggest the need to consider Dyslexia.
- Test instruments and the decision-making process to more specifically evaluate the core features of Dyslexia within the context of a full and individual evaluation.
- Student profiles that require more in depth interpretation due to complications such as ADHD.
- How to communicate Dyslexia information to parents: Responding to frequently asked questions.
- Case studies will be presented.
Registration includes seminar materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders
2222 Welborn Street
Dallas, TX 75219